Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission to the Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro for the underlisted courses in 2020/2021 academic year.
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) COURSES
Higher National Diploma (HND) courses of two (2) years duration are available by direct admission in the following Programmes:
School of Agriculture Agricultural Extension & Management Animal Production Technology Crop Production Technology Fisheries Technology Horticulture & Landscaping
School of Business Studies Accountancy Banking & Finance Business Admin. & Management Mass Communication Marketing Office Technology & Management
School of Engineering Agric. & Bio-Environmental Engineering Technology Civil Engineering Technology Computer Engineering Technology Chemical Engineering Technology (a) Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology(Electronics/Telecommunication option) (b) Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology (Power and Machine option) (c) Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology (Instrumentation & Control option) (a) Mechanical Engineering Technology (Manufacturing option) (b) Mechanical Engineering Technology (Power & plant option)
School of Environmental Studies Building Technology Quantity Surveying
School of Science & Technology Computer Science Food Science and Technology (a) Science Laboratory Technology (Physics & Electronics Option) (b) Science Laboratory Technology(Chemistry Option) (c) Science Laboratory Technology (Biochemistry Option) (d) Science Laboratory Technology (Microbiology Option) Statistics
CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION
Candidates for any of the Higher National Diploma (HND) courses listed above must possess the National Diploma (ND) of the Polytechnic with a minimum of lower credit or equivalent qualifications from other similar institutions whose courses have earned NBTE Accreditation.
However, for HND Business Administration & Management, only ND in Business Administration or Marketing is acceptable. Similarly, for HND Computer Science, ND Computer Science, Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with a major in Computer Education, not below merit level grade and CPEI of Computer Professionals of Nigeria (CPN) with at least lower credit grade are acceptable. In addition, candidates must have satisfied the Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro Matriculation requirements for the National Diploma Programme and must have at least one-year Post-National Diploma (ND) Industrial Experience. Evidence of the relevant one-year Post-ND Industrial Experience and academic transcript(s) from the candidate’s institution must be submitted along with the application for the Higher National Diploma admission.
INSTRUCTION FOR PURCHASE AND COMPLETION OF HND PROGRAMME APPLICATION FORMS ONLINE
- The Applications Fee for all candidates is N10,000.00 (ten thousand naira) only. All interested candidates should click here and click on Online Application, then click on Start a New Application.
- Fill in your personal data and select Programme Type, School, Department and Programme for both first and second choice course.
Note: Under Programme type: select HIGHER National Diploma Under Department, select department of your choice (E.g. Higher National Diploma Accountancy)
- Click on “Pay With Card” to make application fee payment with either Verve or Master Card InterSwitch enable card.
- An Application Number will be generated after a successful payment and Reference Number will be sent to the specified “Email Address”. (Please click on the Online Information Guide for further instructions).
(D) Candidates are to upload the underlisted documents for online screening:
- One (1) recent passport photograph.
- National Diploma (ND) statement of result.
- Examination results to include: WAEC, NECO, NABTEB etc.
- Certificate of Local Government of Origin.
- Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age.
The closing date for all applications is 30th November, 2020.
Date of Screening Exercise is 7th – 14th December, 2020.
Venue: Various Heads of Department Offices.
Note: Filling of appropriate information should be done by the candidate to ensure proper spelling and arrangement of names, address, examination grade, JAMB Registration number and other relevant information.
For enquiry, call the following numbers: 08035970761, 08037660390
Mrs. Margaret I. Oshiegbu
Registrar/Secretary to Academic Board